This intervention will be based on a series of academic, hands-on application in order to develop and enhance the technical skills of key resources in the organisation.
The ultimate goal of this particular intervention is for persons to apply sound technical knowledge in a solution oriented manner to achieve the objectives of the organisation.
While an organisation will require technical expertise, NEMLC blended approach will ensure that technical deployment is synchronised with corporate objectives and goals.
Effective Credit Management remains the “Foundation of Your Business”, as without credit through loans to customers/ members, the financial institutions will be unable to:
- Generate Surplus/ Profits
- Grow the Organization
- Satisfy Customer / Members Needs
- Return dividends to Shareholders
In order to confront the challenges in 2019, financial organizations need to respond to questions such as:
- Has the implementation of IFRS 9 in 2018 affected your business performance – increase provision, reduction in surplus / profit, cut backs on shareholder dividends!!
- Are you struggling to increase your loan portfolio?
- What would be your strategic approach to protect and expand your loan portfolio?
- Have you developed the skillset and capabilities for your loan underwriting team to effectively evaluate and assess loan applications?
In this competitive and hostile environment, it has now become a necessity for credit officers (including credit committee) to develop the skills/competencies to be effective in order for the organization to maintain its greatest assets – loans.
NEMLC has emerged as the preferred credit management training provider and would relish the opportunity to conduct credit management training develop capacity and to enhance the skills and competences of the credit personnel so that organization can:
- Expand the loan portfolio
- Increase Income
- Reduce delinquency
- Enhance asset quality
Risk has been defined as an uncertain event or condition that if it occurs, has a positive or negative effect on an organization.
Enterprise Risk Management is very critical to an organisation whereby without an organisation wide-risk approach, the organisation can suffer significance losses.
The ability to manage significant risk effectively is one of the main characteristics differentiating the most effective organizations from the rest.
Risk management is one of the most important points in the success of business of any kind, because business and profit are largely dependent on the effective management of risk and as such, every organization should be able to manage risk and predict its possible impact on business results.
An enterprise-wide approach to risk management enables an organization to consider the potential impact of all types of risks on all processes, activities, stakeholders, products and services. It is incumbent therefore for an organization to implement systems to mitigate and prevent identified risk possibilities.
Firms that engage in ERM are able to better understand the aggregate risk inherent in different business activities. This provides them with a more objective basis for resource allocation, thus improving capital efficiency and return on equity.
NEMLC is poised to assist your organization to develop and implement an Enterprise Risk Management approach towards your business operations to ensure sustainability and longevity.
Can an organisation survive without its record and information? The answer is an astonishing NO
Things you should know about Records Management:
Business continuity planning for records
- includes record keeping considerations and requirements, and standards and best practices for disaster preparedness and response planning.
Vital records plan
- knowing what and where are your vital records.
- Including a vital records plan as part of your organization’s business continuity and disaster
Your record keeping policy should be based on your organization’s specific needs and circumstances, however it will need to:
Business Classification Scheme (BCS)
- establish your key recordkeeping principles and values
- establish rules for how records are made and kept
- ensure compliance with your legislative and business requirements
- Using procedures and standards to control how records are made and kept e.g. storage requirements, security and access, formats etc.
Vital Records Protection Program Guide
- A BSC can help you establish a structure for titling records and makes it easier to find, share and dispose of them.
- A vital records program identifies and protects records containing vital information necessary for an organization to continue its key functions and activities in case of an emergency/disaster.
What are you waiting on? Invite NEMLC to determine your Records Management to ensure your business survival and continuity.
Directors / Managers / Leaders “Must Go beyond The figures” when analysing financial statements to evaluate the performance of the entity.
One of the skills of a Director/Manager/Leader is that the person must possess the ability to understand and analyze financial statements.
In order to manage and assess the affairs of the organization, Officers must have an understanding of financial statements ranging from types of statements, ratios analysis, financial requirement, comparison, trends and more importantly the “real figures” behind what are shown on the financial statements.
The intervention in the area of financial statements and management is key to the enhancement of skill set at an organization, and would allow decision makers exposure to inter alia;
- Types of Financial Statements
- Management and Directors Responsibility
- Financial Systems and Controls
- PEARLS / Prudential Ratios
- Impact of IFRS 9 on the financial statements
The aim of this module is to ensure that all directors/ managers/leaders/officers have a substantive understanding and are able to critically review and analyze financial statements in order to facilitate effective decision-making.
NEMLC will be ready to facilitate the training session to develop your decision makers to understand financial statements.
Superior financial decision making due to knowledge gain in understanding financial statements will redound to tremendous benefits of the organization, in addition to the avoidance of other ancillary risks.
Fraud Detection – Counterfeit Currency and Fraudulent Identification Documents
In our robust financial environment, deposit-taking institutions are becoming targets to people who attempt to carry out financial crimes through counterfeiting of currency notes and bills.
In many countries, millions of dollars in counterfeit bills pass through the financial statements on a monthly basis. This statistic is frightening and financial organizations must invoke systems to prevent and detect this type of financial crime.
The lifeblood of any organization is its cash and therefore every effort must be made to protect such a valuable asset. Acceptance of an undetected counterfeit bill during routine transaction means “good money” is replaced with “bad money” resulting in financial loss.
Failure to institute proper detection system as it relates to counterfeit currency could result in haemorrhaging of vital funds and ultimately, could cause the demise of the organization. In order to mitigate this type of risk, it is necessary that an organization must institute training relating to detection of counterfeit currency.
These outcomes of the fraud detection intervention will benefit the organisation in the following ways:
- Improvement in the detection rate of counterfeit currency.
- Reduction of operational cost due to efficient detection of fraudulent bill.
- Criminal elements are less likely to target the organization if the detection rate is high.
- Enhances staff confidence in taking appropriate action if required.
- Better returns for Shareholders due to reduced operational cost.
- The reputation of the organization will be enhanced.
- Management will be viewed as being proactive in instituting relevant training.
NEMLC will ensure that these benefits are realised.
- Credit Management
- Risk Management
- Records Management
- Understanding Financial Statements….For Decision Making
- Fraud Detection